Monday, December 7, 2009

Hark! The Nog Herald Angels Sing!

A Nogsperience by: A local Nogspert.

Noggers' around the world love the final week before Christmas. The entire North Pole is buzzing with activity. I don't think anyone sleeps more than a couple of hours a night as the Nog'powers-that-be strive to make sure this will be the best Nog season ever. It is truly exhilarating. As most of you know, I love my caffeine Egg Nog blend - I drink it non-stop up until I go to bed - but it is not the caffeine that keeps me going, it's the festive spirit behind the drink that keeps me wide awake.

But Imagine a holiday season without Egg Nog.

Fear. Uncertainty. Desolation - That is a world without Nog. We have to understand the consequences of a world without Nog before we truly begin to appreciate what it does for us. It is hard to imagine a Christmas without a cup of the "nog" to spice up the atmosphere and lend merriment and joy to the proceedings of any occasion. When you and your mates enjoy this holiday season, remember that, like many other of our grand traditions, there is history and life behind that little frothy brew. Don't take for granted a single cup, sip or even a little merry drop of that special "lait de poule".

No comments:

Post a Comment